Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Sundancer


This is Sundancer. It is a solar car built by the students at Houston Vo-Tech. It wins races. The Winston-Dell Solar Car challenge is next week (July 16-July 24). They start in Roundrock Texas and drive to New York State. I'm going to Houston Wednesday July 18 to see the car when it rolls into town for the night. If you want to come along give me a call.
Sundancer has won multiple years. Scott and I saw it a couple of Sundays ago on hiway 45 and that thing was booking down the road. If Calhoun County had a Vo-tech center, our students could be learning to make a solar car or at least learning how to use technology to the fullest degree. They could go on to work in the Toyota plant. There are just times that 'book sense' doesn't cut it. You need vocational skills to get a job. And what about farming? That needs to be in your blood but the average age of a farmer these days is mid to late 50's! I don't know about you but I don't really trust the big mega farms to feed me. Remember the spinach scare? Now I ask you, have you gotten sick from eating anything of Mr. Johnsons peas and tomotoes? I thought not. There is not a darn thing wrong or demeaning in being a farmer. ITs a tough life and long hours and I thank God for a farmer with every bite I take. Just like I hope one day to drive a solar powered car and I know that the technology will have been developed by some kids from Mississippi. Sure wish some kids from Bruce could be in on that parade.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title