Sunday, March 28, 2010


Vonda’s Views
March 12, 2010

To paraphrase Dorothy in the Wizard Oz, “WE aren’t in Mississippi anymore girls!”

By the time this is published I will be on the second or third leg of our great Spring Break Road Trip to see America in 9 days. I decided that we would take the ‘south western’ route out to LA and see Dallas Fort Worth and all of the beautiful deserts through New Mexico and Arizona.

On the return leg of our trip we may have a large detour to make in the Denver area as several tons of boulders the size of semi tractor trailers slid down onto US 70 and that is the main passage through the Rockies. From what I have seen on the news, those are some pot holes that won’t be able to be patched with a little bit of cold patch! The detour is going to make the trip about 4 hours longer but it is also going to take us through the scenic route. As if there is anything more scenic than the Rocky Mountains!

I have an Atlas and I am marking all of the little places that we will be seeing and passing through and it will be fun for me to pass on to my kids a few things about the US. Geography and History has always been one of my stronger subjects.

In the mean time, if you are reading this on Thursday then we are already on the bus going through the Mojave Desert and it might be lunch time in Las Vegas where we will be stopping. I’ve never been there and it will be enough for me just to pass through the city and gawk a little at it.

Anna and Erin will be excited to be heading toward Chicago and our little excursion into the Sears Tower before getting back on the bus and heading to Memphis where Scott and Ariel will be waiting pick us up and bring us home. And as much as I love to travel and see new things, I will be clicking the heels of my red Crocs together 3 times saying “there is no place like home.”

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title