Thursday, October 09, 2014

The Journey is finished...Mom has crossed into the Promised Land

We just sat there. Lisa and Nicole and Liz on the right side of the bed and I was kneeling on the left. Lisa and Nicole and I held Mom's hands and Liz was stroking her feverish brow. We each told her it was ok to go with the angels that we felt in the room. There was no noise, the silence was deafening as we listened to her ragged breaths as they came farther and farther apart. There was no tremble, no rattle..... just peace....as time stopped and her spirit was gone and all that was left was the shell that housed the most important person in our lives.

  I realize as a woman/as a daughter, how lucky I am. She gave me and my sister life and we were there when that wonderful exquisite creature drifted out. It was hard for us to lose our mother/sister/grandmother. But it was the most precious moment of my life to be able to there and say goodbye as she ended her long hard fought battle.  She is healed now and pain free and rejoicing in heaven with Daddy and her mama and all the others that have crossed over before her.  

Her journey on this earth is over but her eternal life has just begun. 

I love you Mama and I will always love you.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

What a touching reflection. My heart aches for you. I pray God brings you peace and comfort at this most difficult time.

Leslie

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title