Monday, May 08, 2006

Things that make you go hmmm

It drives me nuts when a student is supposed to be here and then doesn't even call to let me know that something has come up to prevent them from calling. I could rearrange another childs schedule so that everyone can get their work finished and there won't be any tripping over eachother later on this week.

I've been working hard at learning my medical terms so that I can do the first test. one of the words that I had to learn to spell was 27 letters long. I didn't know I had it in me! Getting these things into spell check is the longest part. I have to make sure they are spelled correctly to start with so that is a slow go at the moment. Its been interesting to see just how much terminology I do know from the root words and the suffixes and prefixes. It is a whole different language.

Darling hubby is on vacation this week. I have to go to the dr. for year mammogram and I don't like driving in Memphis, so he is going along. We get to secret shop a resturant afterwards. I like being a secret shopper. That can be a full time job in itself. I may do that over the summer for some extra income.

2 comments:

LadyHatton said...

Hope you got a good report!
What restaurant did you go to? My mother-in-law is a secret shopper!
She lives in Oxford.

VondaK said...

Oh I seem to have a permanent shopping spot at Smokey Bones Resturants. WE have done all of them in Memphis, TN I love a good barbeque. Its been easy so far. being a middle aged woman, I tend to become invisible. One time we were dining and we could here the wait staff talking about being shopped. They were standing around looking for the shopper and we were already there! I laughed about it. They zeroed in on another person and it was hilarious. I enjoyed my meal, my cold drink from the bar and the entertainment of some rookie wait staff that thought they had pegged the shopper.

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title