Thursday, May 04, 2006

The attack of the Latte Frothe monster

I have NEVER used the frothing wand on my coffee machine so I decided that I needed to figure this thing out. How hard can it be? Just read the instructions. Right? riiiiight. took me SEVERAL trys before I finally noticed the part about the steam plug. So I had to dig in the drawers for that little item. Ok. insert plug and lock it in. check. pour in coldwater and lock on that lid. check. turn on the machine. check. have cold milk in large container ready. check. open valve. check check. wait for steam so I can put milk container under the nozzle. I waited and waited. nothing. then I read the part about only putting in 2 oz. of water. oooooops. I put in 4. now what. the expresso that I made earlier was gently warming on the warmer just waiting for some froth. all of a sudden, SWOOSH, there was steam and I stuck that milk under it and man did it make froth. And more froth and MORE froth. It was the attack ofthe froth monster. all over the counter, the floor, the steamer. I made not one, not two, not three but 4 tall lattes! Made a huge mess but by golly I made some good tasting lattes. even had enough steam to clean that puppy out. It would have made a great video for don't let this happen to you!!!! Now on to bigger and better things. Adding flavors and getting jiggy wit it!

1 comment:

Leonie said...

Vonda, your lattes sound yum!

I must admit to being more of a cappuccino fan, though - often skim milk and decaf too! lol!

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title