Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Another Christmas Past

I made it through another Christmas. Since I am 53 that would make this the 54th Christmas. I was just 5 months old for my first one in 1953. I really didn't get and Christmas Spirit until Christmas Eve morning. I actually decorated the tree and turned on the lights. I think that is the first time in 6 years that I personally decorated the tree. Its all done in red and purple and blue with a little gold thrown in for good measure.

We were able to celebrate Christmas morning Mass with Fr. Tim this year. ITs a first for us. We have always had to make do with Christmas Eve vigil here in Bruce. He couldn't come then but was able to celebrate on Christmas Day so that was a nice change. It was also quiet that my niece didn't show up and stress us all out. I can't remember when she wasn't making hay of the evening. It was a sad thing to do but she has chosen her path in life and it is the wrong path.

It was so wonderful to see Christmas thru the eyes of that sweet little Bella.. She was just in awe of everything.

We couldn't afford anything big and gaudy this year with paying for my reconstruction surgery. But you know what? Christmas isn't about how big a gift you can give or get. I would actually prefer that there not be anything big if there has to be gifts given. It's about being with family and friends. Scott wanted to do a light show so we did. That was his gift. I needed new glasses (badly it turned out!) so I got them. I hope I can convince people next year to just give something that will fit into the stocking. The girls got me a gift card to Hobby Lobby and I got me some more watercolor paper and a new table easel. I really like it. Scott is going to build me a taller drawing table and put a light box in it. I need one of those badly. Little things like that are all I need. Ariel and Erin both bought gifts for people that showed a great deal of thought.

For 2007 I see myself doing more for my mom. She can't afford to keep paying someone to help her around her house and yard. I will probably be doing more yard work than I care to do and so will Erin but we will get it done. I cooked more at moms than she has ever let me do before. As long as things are put back where she likes it then we are ok. I can identify with that. She likes towels folded just so and dishes put in just the right spot and pots and pans stacked just so.

The personal budget is going to be tightened up too. We can do this. I just keep hoping that I can find some part time work doing transcription. Either that or more portraits and paintings.
Either way I would be satisfied. I did 8 portraits in November and December. I think I'll do some for my sister for her birthday that is coming in March. She wants a wall of Bella so I'll try and deliver.

And I even made the dreaded day after Christmas sale because the girls wanted to use their gift cards. I thought I had died and gone to hell! I really don't like huge masses of people like that. It was like stirring stew with a stick. So on that note I think I'll drag my tired self upstairs and go to sleep in that nice warm bed and sleep off the stress of the day. I will not venture out tomorrow. I have plans on cleaning this house from top to bottom and starting the new year off with a clean house. I will sit on my butt on New Years Day and read a book and eat my lucky meal. That is my plan and I am sticking to it!!

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title