Tuesday, December 19, 2006

New glasses

I finally broke down and got new glasses. I have gone thru RK surgery to correct my literal blindness. It was wonderful being 20/20 for 10 years. Then I had the cataracts from taking the tamoxifin for 5 years. But the choice of prevent cancer from recurring or blindness.....hmmmm that's a no-brainer. So I had the cataracts removed. 20/20 again. For a short time. Then the huge change hit. So I am now the proud owner of bifocals. cute ones too. I could not believe how well I could see. I could not bellieve how badly I was seeing. That was scary. I also can see just how much my girls have been missing when they vaccum the floors. Gotta get them on that one. Taking advantage of Moms blindness like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is cute about the glasses, Vonda! I hear you...

I am always taking glasses off, putting them on.. when I wear my contacts I need my reading glasses. When I don't have my contacts and wear my regular glasses, I have to take them OFF to read. Getting older really requires a sense of humor... lol

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title