Tuesday, December 19, 2006

UP and Down on the roller coaster

I am a punctual person. I'm not anal about it but I am punctual. If I say I'll have something done by a certain day I will. I just can't tell you what time that certain day it will occur. And I depend on people that hire me to do a job for them to pay me on time. With art work that isn't a problem. Tha usually entails a partial payment to start with so that I can purchase any needed supplies like the oversized canvas or a special paint I don't keep on hand. When it come to my tutoring tho, ahh there is the rub! People must think I am made of money or something. I am hanging on by the same thread everyone else is. I have utilities to pay and taxes to pay and a mortgage to pay and car payments and student loans for myself and my soon to be college aged daughter. I went without hot water for a few days because we didn't have the available funds to purchase one. Thank goodness it was not winter time. Then I had my first surgery and couldn't work for 6 weeks. THAT will put a dent in the ole bill paying. Now in order to get our helath insurance premium down we have to both lose weight and prove it to the company. IT will cut our premium in half so we are going to do it. Yesterday I spoke with my on-line health adviser and I need to lose 25 lbs. I have 6 months to do it thank goodness. But I have to eat right around 1000 calories a day!!! that means if I want a hamburger I can have 1/4 of it. Or 2 oz of that 8 oz steak. Or it means I will probably be eating 2 bowls of oatmeal and one light meal a day and lots of water. So If you see me looking at your overly filled plate longingly just know that I am lusting in my belly for your hearty platter of goodies. I'll have to go to talk to Fr. Tim about this! I am sure there is a lesson in discipline in this whole matter. I lose money because I am such a patsy and I have to lose weight so we can save money because I am such a patsy that I can't get people to pay me therefore I lose money......just a never ending roller coaster.

Tell me, just how does one get to be disabled? I am sure that I fit a category somewhere. Does being a patsy count!!

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title