Friday, January 19, 2007

Its not too little storage!

I finally see the problem!! Its not that I don't have enough storage space! I have too much stuff to put in my home to start with. For starters lets roam through my kitchen. yes it needs more cabinets and counter space. ANd I really could use a more updated refrigerator instead of the loverly harvest gold one from 1970 that sometimes starts freezing things in the lower part instead of the freezer part! But what about this angle......there are only 4 of us living here. We have the ocassional dinner guest over. I have enough dishes for for 12 people....3 times over. I have plastic plates and china plates and pottery plates. I think the plastic is going to get tossed. I have a 'ton' of odd and end glasses and coffee cups. They are going to hit the donation pile too. I am going to pare this mess down until all I have left are plain glasses, my Christmas china and the nice place settings that I saved and got for myself a few years ago. I may just box up the dishes and sotre them in the basement and label them as college bound for when my girls finally leave the nest. But I don't need them cluttering up my cabinets. So the kitchen is my next organization target. Maybe I can finally find space for all my little gadgets that I like to use when I cook. And as things wear out or break down, THEN I will replace them.

I do have a pantry and I don't like going to the grocery store so I buy in bulk the mainstays that I use regularly like corn and peas and diced tomatoes and other veggies that I process and can myself in the summer.

Things that make me go whaaaaa!!!!

Why is it when I get a new coffee pot, I keep the old carafe like it will really fit the new one!

Why do I keep the plastic storage containers when the lids have gotten warped?

Why on earth do I constantly have to check the back of the refrigerator for the cure for some disease because I forgot to throw out the leftovers!?

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title