Friday, January 12, 2007

keeping in shape

well I am slowly but surely adding to my exercise routine. I bought an exercise ball for my core exercises. It took forever to inflate that thing. I have always been weak on the left side because of having polio when I was younger. Its hard for me to use the resistance bands with that side. I am walking carrying weights in my hands. and trying to hit 5 miles a day when walking. My step counter goes on in the morning and I take it off at night. Every step counts.

My surgery is scheduled for Tuesday morning January 30. I have to send in the money next week for the 20 percent that insurance doesn't cover. Its gonna be tight around here for a while. I have to go ahead and get the surgery now because if we put it off I won't be able to get the implant shape that will actually look right. I will be part of study on this particular shaped implant so that other women that have had the type of surgery that I have, will be able to go thru reconstruction and look some what normal. Using the regular 'round' implant is not what a radical mastectomy patient needs. She needs a teardrop shaped implant in order to achieve a natural look.

I don't like being put to sleep but its necessary for surgery, so I want to be able to be in the best possible shape. I wish I could finish losing the weight that I need to lose but I would rather take it very slowly.

Sitting on this ball actually takes some serious concentration. My back feels good tho.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

Vonda,

I will pray that your surgery goes well and you have very quick recovery.

If you wold like to join us on our fitness blog, we would love to have you! Each person is individual in their goals, or no goals, -- just a place to encourage and support.

www.leanbutnotmean.blogspot.com

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title