Tuesday, November 21, 2006

a relationship with food

WE all have a relationship with food. We need it to live. Obviously some of us like it a lot more than others. I read in last weeks news that a model died from eating nothing but water and tissue. Can you imagine eating kleenex tissues for lunch. She didn't want to get too fat for the clothes. I need to lose about 25 pounds but I am not going to resort to eating kleenex just to fill me up. That is a mental sickness there.

I did eat some good food Saturday! We made a Memphis trip to see the in-laws and do a bit of Christmas shopping. We ate at Smokey Bones. Its owned by the same company as Red Lobster and Olive Garden. So it is fine food. Its a rustic, mountian lodge/sports bar sort of atmosphere. I ordered the Sierra Chicken and it was to die for (pardon the pun) . grilled chicken breasts marinated and basted with balsamic vinegar and served with a fresh cucumber, red onion, sunflower seed, cilatro, jalapeno and dried cranberry salsa on top and warm Italian flat bread. Oh mercy it was great. I am going to try and duplicate the salsa for Thanksgiving. Its as good as my Crankey sauce I put on my turkey sandwiches.

I am fasting all week so I can eat all the things I love on Thanksgiving day.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title