Sunday, November 26, 2006

Gobble Gobble!!

I love good food and for that reason, Thanksgiving to Christmas is my favorite eating time of the year for the comfort foods. Mom's Chicken and dressing is to die for. then add the sliced turkey and honeybaked ham with all the wonderful relishes to add to them. Oh joy! We always do our specialties. I do the green bean casserole or asparagus or broccoli casseroles. IT depends on the whim at the cooking moment. I also do the pumpkin pies and other types of pies. I do a mean seven layer dip. Dipping foods are my favorites. anything that I can dip italian flat bread into is good. I made a yummy spinach artichoke dip this time. My sister does a sweet potato praline casserole and a hot corn salad. Add all the regular veggies like sweet peas and black-eyed peas and tall glasses of sweet iced tea and hot yeast rolls and you have a feast that will make you want to fast all week before you eat it! We always wear sweat pants on Thanksgiving. Gotta have that elastic waistband in order to be comfortable.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title