Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Living with Brain Cancer part something....

In the wee hours of the morning, I could not sleep. Mom was resting and I was restless. I heard a noise and decided to follow it. She swears she saw a rat or mouse the size of a cat a few nights ago. Thinking I would find such a critter I went through the house listening for the sounds I heard earlier. I turned on an over head fixture and the bulbs started blinking at me. first one would flash, then the other. As I walked under it to look up at the bulbs wondering if it had a loose wire or the bulbs were going to blow, they both stopped blinking and were bright as could be. I was standing in front of Moms Bombay style chest. Sitting on this chest is a photo of our Daddy and other little things that remind us him. A shrine of sorts you might say. The chest is full of photos from Moms birth to the grandchildren and every thing in between. Instead of opening the top drawers I pulled open the bottom drawer. The lights blinked....one time. I saw closed boxes. I pulled out one of the boxes. the lights blinked again....one time. I opened the box and this is first photo I saw. Then the lights blinked again. Several times and stayed bright. I have never seen this picture before. And it shows how my parents felt about each other. I would like to think my Daddy was leading me to find that one picture. Then this morning after Lisa arrived and I came home....I heard a crop duster diving into a nearby field....yeah, Dad is close by. Lisa Tedford Norwood said Mom heard it too and said the same thing.





This journey we are on is a hard one in one sense and an empowering in another. Taking care of the most special person in my life has been an honor. No regrets , no tasks to much. It's been an honor somehow doing for her when she couldn't. , helping this classy woman in my eyes pass from this life with dignity and grace. . She has taught me strength and love and kindness that has no end. My time with her has been such a blessing , each day bringing me closer to God.walk step by step , acting only in faith sometimes , we are not unseen by the Father. Those who trust in The Lord will renew their strength ; they will soar on the wings like eagles ; they will run and not grow weary ; they will walk and not faint . Isaiah 40;31. On quiet moment like now she hears an ag plane like daddy used to fly over the house. A tear comes in her eye as she says. He is sending a message he's near. Play the song again please. I have decided to follow Jesus. . So we sit her in the quiet together. Playing hymns. Tears rolling down her weak little face. Hands in the air praising God. Asking to go home. But her mansion is not complete yet . We cherish every second left. And sit here with the window open so when the time comes her spirit can fly toward Heaven . I love my mom with everything that is in me. Pray for peace and comfort. Life is like a vapor ........ Here one minute gone the next .God Bless

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title