Friday, September 26, 2014

Living with Brain Cancer part 6

We have to take the time out to breathe.  We put our thoughts up on facebook.  People can read if they want or they can choose to not too.  either is ok.  We welcome comments and we understand when there aren't any.  This is a raw thing to live through and everyone has those raw moments in their lives.  This is how we are handling it.  It might seem silly at times, it might be gut wrenching, it might be we want to share the spirituality of it all.  But it helps both my sister and I to be able to put our thoughts down and 'out there'.  and I'll bet a lot of folks didn't even know we had a theological or a philosophical bone in our bodies.  
  

Vonda Tedford Keon
Mom has had trouble regulating her body temp. We are constantly tucking multiple blankets on her. Lisa brought her a soft electric tonight. Mom is all snuggled in it and resting now.

LikeLike ·  · Share
Tonight I ask for all of my praying friends to please remember my family especially my grandmother my mother Lisa Tedford Norwood and my auntVonda Tedford Keon as they are the primary care givers for my sweet dear little angel of a grandmother that they are all surrounded with gods grace and loveing arms as this journey keeps on going and doesn't seem to get any better but worse for us all and especially for God's loving arms to be wrapped around my grandmother and each and everyone of us for we don't know how much longer we have with the precious little lady that I'm able to call my grandmother I ask for strength for each one of my family members peace and comfort also for each of us and for her also we just have to remember that God can get us through it all
September 19 at 10:08am · I don't praise my brother in law, Jon Norwood ( Lisa Tedford Norwood) very often. Being nice to each other would ruin our reputations! LOL. But I've got to give him some kudos today. Lisa called him and asked him to look for a super small electric blanket for Mom. He found one that is as soft as butter and the perfect size. She snuggled up under that thing last night and had the best and most restful sleep she has had in a long time. She woke up this morning feeling good. I heard that sweet little voice saying "Good morning Vonda. I slept so good. Can I have some coffee." ya done good brother.

Tonight is my night to stay at home while my sister and I swap out for the weekend. Mom had a great visit with one of our dear long time friends from our Tupelo days. Sue Shaw-Smith came and brought Mom a big box of chocolates and they reminisced about when the kids were little and how 'sassy' one particular little short blonde child was(not calling any names but she recently got married). Mom was in a lot of pain but she laughed and laughed as she and Sue caught up on things. She later said she really appreciated the visit from Sue and the effort it took for her to drive all the way here especially since Sue didn't feel too spiffy herself. We love you SSS.

LikeLike ·  · Share
Lord have mercy, I'm having withdrawals from spending the nights with Mama! I might just have to go down and make my sister share that couch!
Oh sweet Jesus! There is no sugar in this house! That is going to be an apocalyptic event if I don't get some quickly!
·         
Erin Keon We've got packets
·         
·         
Erin Keon Oh.
·         
Erin Keon You aren't home?
·         
Vonda Tedford Keon I just came in an got a little. That's why the dog bArked
·         
Erin Keon Oh, good. I got worried.
·         
Lisa Tedford Norwood Haha. Forgot to tell you.
·         
Vonda Tedford Keon Went through withdrawal in my coffee.
·         
Lisa Tedford Norwood I had those packets of natural sweetener .
·         
Vonda Tedford Keon Noooo. Sugar. Must have suuuuuugaaaaaar
Mom just asked me why she keeps trying to use her left hand all the time when she has always been a "righty". I've noticed that she has been trying to use the left hand more since this all began. One tumor is in the right side of her brain and the right side controls the left side of the body (Confusing isn't it) . There is a power struggle going on in her noggin!

Wonder if there are classes or tips on how to lift a person . When you already have bulging disks and spinal stenosis like I do. It's a killer. Vonda Tedford Keon and I are both in pain. Help !!! There has to be a technique we can
Use to make it better. Any suggestions ????
17 hrs · Edited · 
Mom had a pretty rough day. The roles my sister Lisa Tedford Norwood and I have to play is trying. We wear so many hats, nutritionist, chef, housekeeper, CNA, pharmacist, physical therapist, waitress, receptionist, soda jerk, personal shopper.... then there are times we have to run interference and maybe bouncer when we see her getting tired. The men in the family have taken on the roles of groundskeepers, Mr. Fixit, shoulder to cry on....the grand-daughters roles are go-fers and sitters and emotional boosters and givers of hugs. The one thing all of us do is pray for Mom  and each other. We don't know what lies around the corner or what tomorrow will bring. We do know that each day, hour, moment with Mom is precious whether its spent talking with her on the phone, or brushing her little velcro hair, making her brownies or milkshakes or a gourmet meal, or catching a few zzzz's on the couch beside her while she is sleeping fitfully in her recliner. I thank the Lord for her time on this earth and the love and wisdom she has shown us. She is a precious jewel.


23 hrs · Bruce, MS · 
My sister was born first but I'm the oldest. Ha. Had to put my car in the shop this morning and my crazy red headed sister in her 2005 mustang gives me a ride back to moms. So get this visual. Both of us are wearing back braces from having to
Lift mom. So I open the door. Oh God do you know how far down those bucket seats sit on the ground. So I slide down , shut the door and Red gives me the ride of my life. Windows rolled down , Elvis up loud , lol missed a gear and off we went. I'm
So short all you could see was my white hair and eyeballs. Big eyeballs !! She was flying. I told her she was gonna get a ticket. Hmmmp she says , I drive like my daddy. She took moms driveway on 2 wheels then slid that thing between those 2 poles . I covered my eyes a screamed. OMG we laughed till we about peed. 2 old women in Back braces trying to hang on to our youth. Woohoo let's go again Nonnie !!!!!!
come along for the ride Sissie!  I promise it will be something you will never forget!  Don't forget the Depends and the back brace!  
22 hrs · Edited · 
Yes I WAS born first but my sister has always been the more 'sensible' cautious one. What can I say. I am my father's child.


I'm not the same person I was a year ago , I'm not even the same person I was a day ago. Neither is my sweet mom . Reversing the role of care taking between a parent and a child is a life changing thing. Rewarding at times but painful at most. This is one of those days when the way you're mom has been all your life will never be again. But my sister and I have chosen to embrace what we have today and let go of what we can't change . Life is like a vapor .........
23 hrs · Bruce, MS · 
If anybody is going by Kroger I need some Blu Bell strawberry Ice cream and bryers peach ice cream. About the only thing left mom will drink are these milkshakes. You'd be an angel If you would pick me some up. Mom
Would be  happy . Please let me know. If you can.
13 hrs · 
TBT. This is what Love looked like in 1951. !!!!!!

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title