Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Living with Brain cancer part 3

I started keeping track of the Facebook Status my sister and I put up.  I know some of this is depressing to most people but we aren't putting it out there to be depressing or for show but to vent our feelings I suppose and to give updates on Mom.  and sometimes it just helps others that might be going through similar situations to know that they are not alone.  Just reading comments to our posts and then seeing other people come out and talk about their experiences does help.
August 1  the Journey began.
When you go through storms in your life, you can either be pitiful or powerful, but you can't be both. Your attitude determines your victory


Please pray for our sweet Mom. We are going on journey we had hoped would not come for a while. Pray for peace and understanding and strength, both physical and emotional for us all as we care for Mom. Everyone knows that death will come. It's just a shock when you get the news it's sooner than later. We ask that you cover our precious mom with your prayers. — with Lisa Tedford Norwood.
August 8.
After a morning of helping my sister rearrange Moms den to make room for the hospice bed and watching her stress over this new phase of her life as the sweet guys came and set things up, Scott took me on a whirl wind run to Oxford to eat out and buy me some new walking shoes for my birthday. We got back in time to relieve Lisa Tedford Norwood so she and Jon could celebrate their anniversary. Now mom and I are watching Pawn Stars.
August 11
Been a long day. Hospice team was here to check on mom and help get her ready to go to her doctor. Very much appreciated! Lisa Tedford Norwood and I were with mom at the dr. visit. Mom had a good nap then Lisa came in with a chess pie. A visit from friends bearing fresh cooked peas and a hot pone of cornbread and ripe tomatoes. She ate dessert first! Life is short so go for that sweet stuff first! Now after swallowing a fistful of pills she is watching John Cena!  feeling thankful.
August 12I have never cried so much in my life. It's gotten to the point I can be sitting there and it just pours out. I can't talk to anyone without my voice cracking. My heart is broken . Lord up above help me make this journey.
Our precious Mom sporting some purple today! Feeling good after 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep! — with Lisa Tedford Norwood.
Vonda Tedford Keon August 15 near Bruce, MSAriel Keon came home with some Disney Magic f0r grandmommie  Ariel was able to make a quick trip home to see Mom. She brought her a Chip and Dale hat from Disneyland.  Mom was excited to see it. 

Mom having a pensive moment this morning before her last treatment. She's rocking the blue today! — with Ariel Keon and 4 others.
Mom was thinking of all the other patients she was seeing up there getting their treatments.  No one thinks about losing hair to radiation.  She had me go to Fabric of Hope and get some hats to take up there.  We took two bags packed full of hats and gave them out to the patients in the waiting room.  we saw tears and laughter and heard many thank you's.  Even in her time of trial, she was thinking of helping others.  Our mother is one of the strongest women in the world.  I hope that I can be half as strong as she is.  

too be continued.......

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title