Sunday, April 23, 2006

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

The Flamingos Nest
Another Sunday morning put to rest. Being a member of an extremely small church is hard. We never know when people are actually going to show up. I am the song leader or cantor as its called in the Catholic Church. Sometimes it feels like I am the soloist tho. I really don't like singing alone in front of people. its not a performance. But at times it sure does seem like that's the only way its going to be.

Now as my lunch is baking in the oven I have to study for my theology class this afternoon in Tupelo. This quarter we are studying the sacraments. This has been one of the hardest things I have ever studied. Sooooo much reading! Its like I need a dictionary for the dictionary. This is all a part of the LIMEX program out of Loyola University, New Orleans, to help educated the laity in the Catholic Church so that we can function in a priestless church. There need to be a lot of changes in the church but I am not sure what they should be. I feel like any man that wants to become a priest should be give the opportunity to make the decision to be a married or unmarried priest. Either way, they would still take on the vow of chastity. But it should be a decision for the individual to make. personally I think it would be hard to have a full time ministry and a family. especially on the amount of money those guys have to live on.

ON another note, the mural is coming right along. I got the tree trunks laid in and started on the leaves yesterday before I got so hot that I could not stay in there any longer. I know that people think I should just be able to twitch my nose and voila its a mural but each step takes time and I want it to look good even if it is a freebie!

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title