Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturdays are Alright with me

I had all sorts of grand plans for today and then scrapped them. I intended to check out the Double Decker Festival in Oxford and the weather was just so blustery and damp and way too chilly. I decided that for the price of gas today was not a travel day. So I stayed in. I was also going to go and paint more on the mural but a college student came by that needed help doing some research for a paper she was having to write and I seem to be the resident Catholic 'theologian'. That is a laugh.

So I started rearranging the studio. I discovered that there is STILL seepage from somewhere because my canvas was dampish and the carpet is a big soggy right along the south wall. Nothing like a basement that leaks and you can't find the leak. I am going to have to cut out a pretty large piece of carpet because there is no cleaning it. It just needs to come up.
Chasing this water around just seems like a constant thing. Every spring just like clock work.

I will start on my medical transcription course as soon as the equipment and the text books arrive. I got the notification from my instruction of record last night. So now I have to really start reading in earnest. Getting certified as an MT will help me. I can do that type of work from home and still have time to do art work for relaxation. A woman my age is not too marketable any more so I need to find something that I can do to pay the bills. There is so much truth to the term starving artist. I would have loved it if the coffee shop could have taken hold but that just is not doable here in this little town. And truthfully I am just not a people person all the time. I am an introvert but I force myself to be extroverted in order to get along in the world. I would really like nothing better than to live in some isolated place and only come out when I needed to. I think that is why I spend so much time downstairs in the studio. It's like being in my own little world. My very own little extreme home within a home.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title