Wednesday, April 26, 2006

OH Baby Its a Wild World!!!

ITs a Wednesday. Isn't that supposed to be hump day. Well if I worked out in the world with the rest of humanity I suppose so. Since I work from my home based studio that reallyis a 'job' in some peoples eyes. True I don't work 8 to 5 like some folks. But then again I do at times. Art inspiration and creation doesn't always happen during the daylight hours. I am known for jumping up in the wee hours of the morning and frantically painting or drawing. Art is sort of 'when the Spirit moves me' type of work.

I am still trying to figure out arrange my basement studio so that I can get the maximum usage out of it and still have room to move around. I want all of my work tables in the center of the room and the wall space open for hanging large pieces on the wall. So Far that has not happened. I'm just too much of a pack rat. I have got to throw out some stuff.

All these books that I have take up loads of wall space. If I can just get the storage area of the basement organized and throw out the junk I will have more space.

I have worked on the museum mural for the past 2 days. It is finally starting to come together. People can see the progress now when they drive by where before it was just looking like a mish mash of paint. Now they can see the forest for the trees. I hope to finish it this week and get started on the old one room school house mural. That one won't be as complicated as the forest but it may be a just a tad more more technical.

A reporter for WCBI TV was in town yesterday (Tuesday) interviewing Mayor Quillen about the Bruce Store restoration. Then he came over to the museum to tape some shots. He got some shots of me painting. I 'done good'! Not once did I look over my shoulder at the camera and mouth 'hey mom'! I didn't even look as fat as I thought I did and cameras always add about 10 pounds on you. Scott recorded it for me and we watched it after the youngest dd softball game. It looked pretty good. Mom was wondering why I didn't talk on camera. Mainly because I have to get into the mindset of speaking on camera with my 'camera voice'. I really didn't want to speak otherwise because I can sound so hickish if I don't prepare. I just get lazy in the old speech patterns until I need to be precise.

Well I need to light a fire under these kids so they will get their work done.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title