Monday, April 24, 2006

Theology class was a trip. all of the things that we discuss and it and get so interesting with all the differing opinions. The one thing I don't understand is that we are supposed to be doing 'reflective' papers on what each course means to our individual ministries yet when we do write something, there 'powers that be' that are grading these papers seem to have their own idea of what our ministries are. Those folks are just out of touch with who we are. We aren't the typical graduate students. We are mostly way over 40's into 60's sort of folks with professional backgrounds that decided to take these classes because we have to do something about the the priest shortage.

I am starting a new class in a couple of weeks I hope. I have decided to add Medical Transcriptionist to my repetroire of things that I do. I really don't think I want to continue homeschooling other peoples kids. My oldest is going to go and try public school next year and my youngest will within a year later. It seems that mostly I end up with kids that are emotionally unstable. Heck I tend to stand on the brink myself at times. I don't need anything else to push me on over the edge! ITs the bi-polar kids that scare the bejebbers out of me.

I have had to deal with a bi-polar niece for years and its still not a pretty sight. We have lived in that turmoil for too long. And once mentally ill, always metally ill. I taught her her final year of highschool and as long as she was on her meds she was a happy camper and did tons of work for me. But Lord help us when she decided she didn't want to work. It was just a bad deal all the way around. I kept my promise to my sister that I would educate her daughter. I kept that promise. Now I just wish the gal would get a job but we can see that is not going to happen.

Well two of my homeschooled students are here at the moment. One wants to do a little and play a lot. The other likes to come in, sit down and work until he finishes. My daughters are upstairs working on their computers. On Wednesday two more students come. I separate the boys and girls because they work better that way.The boys come the first of the week and the girls come in on Wednesday.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title