Monday, November 13, 2006

evening blog

MMMMMM. I am enjoying a pumpkin cobbler. Must be the time of year. I will try and eat pumpkin 'something' everyday that I can. I use sweet potatos alot also since I live in the sweet potato capitol of the world. No joke. Just about all the sweet potatoes in the USA are grown right here in Calhoun County Mississippi and shipped out. The 'tater sheds' have tons of boxes from each state that they fill and send back. Louisana sweets are grown in Mississippi. Ahh truth in advertising.

Dd # 2 is plugging along as she learns. She takes her learning in spurts. The other kids that I teach really need the discipline of a curriculum. I am still pretty relaxed in how they do it tho. I do try and steer them in the correct way to write a paper since they are nearing time to take ACT and SAT to get into university.

I have been nesting all day. I am going thru a purge and clean phase. I have decided that if I haven't worn it and I sure can wiggle my matronly Ruebensque shape into those cute little outfits anymore, then out they go. And That goes for all the clutter. I swear I am on the verge of being declared a complusive 'collector'.

I have finally finished all of my reports in my transcription class. Now I am just waiting for my facilitator to grade them. As she grades a folder and returns it I send her another one. I have just one more test and then hopefully I get the certification soon.

My new LIMEX theology class started last week. session two was last night and it went well. This quarters class is on Moral Theology. I am enjoying this one. But I do wish the books were a bit more up to date. Just like the Catholic church not to have books from the current century in the reading list. Last summer (2005) I spent a summer session in Washington, DC studying at Catholic Theological Union. It was a fabulous experience both culturally and spiritually. I was there at the same time as about 20 Bishops and countless number of priests and Sisters. I heard some great lectures. The summer session was on womens roles in the Ancient Scriptures and the New Testament as well as the role of women in the first centuries of the church. It was very informative and interesting.

I have to check on my Mom now. I cooked a huge pot of Great Northern beans and a pone of corn bread. Dd2 took a plate and some cobbler down to her. Mom is slowing down now and that worries me. But that is why I am here. To care for her and my sister as they need me. I don't have time to get down myself. Its a good thing I don't require much sleep.

No comments:

My Peculiar Aristocratic Title is:
Her Grace Lady Vonda the Infinite of Longer Interval
Get your Peculiar Aristocratic Title